Sunday 10 June 2012

You're doing it wrong...

Looks like I went about my +2a composite mod all the wrong way - a bit of reading later and I realised that the composite signal has to come directly from the TEA2000.

I soldered a length of solid core wire to the outgoing side of D31, thinking that the diode would still afford the TEA2000 some protection with the other end going to the socket inside the modulator case. At first I tried leaving the 100uf capacitor soldered in place from my earlier exploits, this gave me a distorted but recognisable signal for the first time, the image is still 'jumpy' and there is a fair bit of ghosting in evidence, perhaps this is because I chose not to bypass/remove D31 but I'll mess about with that later.

Found my 29 year old copy of Manic Miner, dropped into 48k mode and typed the immortal 'LOAD ""' followed by Enter and pressed play...


No comments:

Post a Comment