Monday 23 July 2012

+2e

Here's inside and outside views of my +2B now that I've fitted the ROMs I burned all by myself. I was going to send off to Garry Lancaster for a pair of pre-burned ROMs but I decided that I should be brave and burn my own so I bought a pair of used 27C256 EPROMs from Ebay and a Willem 5.0e programmer from Hong Kong. To my complete surprise everything worked first time, barring a minor issue with the programmer software and once I'd gently prised out the original ROMs and wedged the newly burnt EPROMs into place I was the proud owner of a +2e.


Now all I have to do is sort out an IDE interface, I decided that I should go with the Simple 8bit Interface but if I change my mind or need to update then I have my own programmer and don't need to send my roms off to be re-burnt again. I'd just like to say a big thanks to Garry, who's hard work has provided the basis of what is proving to be a great fun project for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment